Welcome to Cloud Data Science 8. This weeks news includes information about AWS working with Azure, time-series, detecting text in videos and more.
- Amazon Redshift now supports Authentication with Microsoft Azure AD
Redshift, a data warehouse, from Amazon now integrates with Azure Active Directory for login. This continues a trend of cloud companies working together.
- Amazon Forecast now uses public Holidays from 30 Countries
Forecast, which is a time-series forecasting tool, supports holidays from many countries now. This will greatly improve the forecast accuracy as holidays can play a large part in forecasting.
- Amazon Rekognition detects Text in Videos
Rekognition, a text and video analytics tool, now supports the ability to identify text in videos. Plus, filtering for text is available.
- Dates are set for Google Cloud Next 2020
It is April 6-8, 2020 in San Francisco
- Power BI has a new usage metrics report
Power BI is the visualization and reporting tool from Microsoft. You can now see the views of a report broken down by platform.
- Setting Up the Google BigQuery Sandbox
A quick video to demonstrate setting up BigQuery without using a credit card. This is helpful if you want to participate in the Big Query Challenges
- Using Jupyter Notebooks in Azure Data Studio
This is a nice overview of the Azure Data Studio tool
Thanks for reading the weekly news, and you can find previous editions on the Cloud Data Science News page.