Welcome to Cloud Data Science 7. Announcements around an exciting new open-source deep learning library, a new data challenge and more.
- Microsoft Releases DeepSpeed for Training very large Models
DeepSpeed is a new open-source library for deep learning optimization. Using a component of the library named ZeRO, it can train models with up to 100 billion parameters.
- Google Announces BigQuery Data Challenge
Compete for $500 in Cloud Credits. There is a new challenge every week. It involves solving a data puzzle using Big Query. This looks to be a fun way to get people using BigQuery. Go to BiqQuery Challenge to see this week’s challenge.
- Azure Cognitive Services Named Entity Recognition gets some new types
Persontype, product, event, organization, date are just some of them
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL Supports Machine Learning
Aurora PostgreSQL can now use SQL to call ML models created with SageMaker. Also, Comprehend can be used for sentiment analysis. This capability is now available on both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Amazon Personalize can now use 10x more item attributes
Personalize, which is a customizable recommendation engine, can now use 50 attributes instead of just 5.
Training and Courses
Thank You for Reading
Thanks for reading the weekly news, and you can find previous editions on the Cloud Data Science News page.