- Computer scientists discover statistics and find it useful – Ever wonder why computer scientists are getting all the attention for data science? Well, computer scientists stole ideas from statistics. Read the article and it will make more sense.
- Top 3 Myths About Data Science – Here is a highlight of the myths:
- Data science is a field for mathematical geeks.
- Learning a tool is the equivalent of learning data science
- Data scientists will be replaced by artificial intelligence soon
- The Big Data Fallacy And Why We Need To Collect Even Bigger Data – More Data is not always better because it does not necessarily mean more information. Read this for a good description of data vs. information vs. insights.
- MLbase – A distributed machine learning system, here is an academic paper about the system
- Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning: An Overview (PDF) – this is a very nice slide deck from IBM
Data Science Links from Recent Days
2 responses to “Data Science Links from Recent Days”
That sure is a good deck from IBM where ever did you find that!
Ha, you are too funny. Of course I got it from you. Thanks.