Last week, I got the opportunity to spend some time with the team from Insight Data Engineering. They offer a free program that trains people to be data engineers. Then they help those people connect with a job at an impressive company. The program runs a few times a year and consists of 6 intense weeks learning about and working on a data engineering project.
Although the program is free, it does have a highly-selective application process. Once accepted, you can expect the following:
- A beautiful office space in sunny Palo Alto, CA
- Mentoring from experts in the field
- Meet and Greets with some of the biggest names in data science
- Introductions to some of the leading data engineering companies
- Access to a growing network of program alumni
- A bright future as a data engineer
Insight Data Engineering is the same company that has run Insight Data Science, a similar type of program but for scientists instead of engineers, for the past 2 years. That program has 100% placement so far, and I don’t see that number ever changing. The program has an excellent advisory board that is actively involved in the program.
The Data Engineering program is actively accepting applications for the next session scheduled to start in September. Hurry, the deadline for applications is July 7, 2014.