Zipfian Academy, the same company that is creating the 12 week intensive data science training course, will be offering a series of 6 short courses on data science. The courses will be 1.5 hours each and will be taught live in San Francisco. For those of you that cannot be in San Francisco, the courses will be recorded and available online.
The short courses are not free, $35 each or $150 for all, and seating is limited. The seating is limited to allow all students access to the instructors. The first short course starts tomorrow (May 28, 2013), so register now if you are interested. Here are links to all the short courses:
- May 28, 2013: Introduction to Data Science
- June 4, 2013: Introduction to Statistics: Finding the Signal in the Noise
- June 11, 2013: Algorithms for the Rest of Us: A Gentle introduction to Machine Learning
- June 18, 2013: Data Wrangling 101: Looking for Data, and What to Do When You’ve Found it
- June 25, 2013: Computing at Scale: An Introduction to Secrets of Managing Big Data
- July 2, 2013: Introduction to Visualization: Learn How to Effectively Tell your Data Story