The inaugural issue of Big Data was published a few weeks ago. The journal is excellent. The articles are relevant, readable, and free. In the first issue, most of the articles were not super technical (meaning there was not a lot of equations or algorithms). I would like to highlight just 5 of the articles (feel free to read the others as well).
- Making Sense of Big Data – A nice brief discussion of the term big data and some goals for the journal.
- Big Data For Development – This is an introduction to United Nations Global Pulse, an initiative to use data to better understand human well-being.
- Broad Data: Exploring the Emerging Web of Data – This article is all about dealing with the explosion of open data becoming available.
- Data Science and Its Relationship to Big Data and Data-Driven Decision Making – The title is pretty self-explanatory. The article points out 7 fundamental concepts of data science.
- Educating the Next Generation of Data Scientists – This is a roundtable discussion all about data science and data science education.
[…] the true believers, one of my favorite blogs, Data Science 101, posted these five highlights from the first issue of the journal Big Data. You know what I’ll be reading the next couple […]