I wanted to determine 2 things:
- What words occurred most often in the job posts?
- What words occurred in the most jobs posts?
Honestly, nothing too surprising showed up. Not counting the common English words (and, to), the word data was the most popular. It occurred 167 times and it occurred at least once in all 16 job postings. That makes sense; a data scientist should know about data. I thought hadoop would occur in all job descriptions but it only appeared in 11 of the 16 job descriptions. Here are some other words I found interesting:
- statistical occured 29 times and in 10 job descriptions
- analysis occured 46 times and in 13 job descriptions
- analytics occured 22 times and in 6 job descriptions
- statistics occured 16 times and in 9 job descriptions
- machine learning occured 14 times and in 9 job descriptions
- phd occured 11 times and in 11 job descriptions
- sql occured 12 times and in 10 job descriptions
On an interesting note, Python and R occurred in more job postings than Java (2 more to be exact).
Does anything in the results strike you as interesting?